It's been a scorcher this week! Like most dogs, my three boxers really do struggle during a heatwave and search for cool spots around the house to chill out. We have fans, cooling mats, cooling coats and plenty of fresh water but what they enjoy the most is an iced treat to help cool them down.
I posted a little snippet of these pup ice-treats on my instagram stories earlier this week and quite a few of you were interested to try these out with your dogs! So, here's how to make these simple iced fruit smoothie cups..
What you will need:
- chopping board
- moulds (I used a mini muffin tin but ice cube trays work perfectly)
- Fruit (I used a handful of blueberries, strawberries, raspberries + mango)
- Kefir milk (alternatively, use natural yoghurt)
- 1/4 cup of water
- Cut up your chosen fruits and add to the blender
- Add your kefir/natural yoghurt
- Add in 1/4 cup of water if the kefir or yoghurt is quite thick (add more water if needed)
- Blend until smooth and then pour into your moulds
- Place any remaining fruit on top
- Pop it in the freezer until set
..And there you have it, iced fruit smoothie cups for your dog to enjoy!